Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Healthier Jalapeno Poppers

Jalapeno poppers are our favorite snacky food. We have found that making them at home is a much healthier menu item. Here's how we do it:


You need:
10-15 fresh jalpenos
Neufchatel cheese
Turkey bacon




 
I cut the jalapenos in half and then I take the veins and seeds out. Then I slice the cheese into pieces and place them inside each of the pepper halves.
 


 
 
Then I don't even open the bacon and I cut it down the center, so I know have two halves of bacon. I take a slice of bacon and wrap it around each cheese stuffed pepper and place it on a baking sheet.
 
 
 
Then I turn the oven on and to 375 and I bake for 15-20 minutes, depends on your want for crispy bacon. These are amazing!!! Even the kids can't get enough.
 



1 comment: